Friday, May 11, 2007

Determination Prevails.. Updated!

As many of you may know.. my sister in law is 36 weeks along with her first baby. Mind you this is my one and only sister in law, she's married to my one and only sibling, my brother.

(please forgive the poor quality of the picture.. at least you get the point.)

Well anyways, continuing on with my story.. Mandii is 36 weeks pregnant and she is due on June 7, 2007 with her first boy, whom they are probably going to name Jonathan David Jr, although that is not for sure so don't be writing it in stone.

Okay.. here is my dilemma. She is due the day that I am flying down to Las Vegas for a 3 day vacation. We can't cancel the vacation because it is free through Jeff's work. We've been waiting for this vacation for a year and we don't want to cancel it. I know that most first babies are overdue but you know babies, nothing is for sure. Especially if he takes after me or my brother.. my brother was a month late and I was almost birthed in the floorboard of my mom's car, early.

Mandii's mom can't be down there with her for the birth because Mandii's grandma has breast cancer and she just has surgery so Mandii's mom has to stay and take care of her. We're not for sure if my mom is going down or not, so all mandii has is her sisters, whom are all in their teens, her dad, and her husband, my brother, who only has enough time off to stay home the first day or so after the baby is born. Needless to say she will be alone. So I want to go down there to be with her. Although I don't want to go too early. If she is due on the 7th... I think if I wait till the 23rd to fly down... that should be enough time to let her family come over to see and be around the baby and for her and my brother to get settled with the baby before I come down.

Here lies the problem.. my husband wants me to go down but we aren't sure if I am going to fly or drive.. the drive takes 14 hours if you drive straight through. To fly.. it takes about 5. We are trying to save our money so we can spend it while we are down in Vegas, but I am totally willing to save my money so I can go down to California to see my first nephew. Well the plane ticket costs $451.61 round trip. Now I just need to convince my husband that it's ONLY $451.61!! I don't know how well he is going to take it.

Speaking of money I just got an email from a lady who wants to pay me about $35.00 to have an ad on my site, hey I am all for free money. Anyone else want to pay me some money to have an ad on my site, LOL! Or you could donate to my 'Meet My Nephew' Fund.

Plane Ticket .......... $451.61
Robyn's ad ............. - 35.00
----------------------------
Left To Go: $416.61

Do if you were feeling a little generous or just really feel bad for me and would like to donate to my 'Meet My Nephew Fund' please email me at:

jeffandstephaniemackey@gmail.com

I do have paypal and I do take checks, lol.

If you don't want to donate or don't have the money, please just say a prayer that I will be able to use $500.00 of our vacation money to fly down to meet my baby nephew. Thank you all so much, it really does mean a lot to me.

Update: I just wanted to let you all know that I will be going down afterall. Although I won't be taking the $451.00 flight I will be taking a $200.00 flight. So all I am waiting to hear is when Jon and Mandii want me to come down. Anyways, thank you for all your support and I can't wait to show you all pictures.

5 comments:

Kris said...

Good luck! Can't wait to see pics of the little guy.

*~chelle~* said...

I think going later is better. Babies sleep all the time at first. It is way more help once they are awake a little more, plus the whole everyone wants to see the new baby rush at first.

The drive might be nice. I am all about having time to think and sing in the car!

If not totally sending positive vibes for raising the $$

ps if you look at the code for this theme and the comments section take out the target=blank part :) Drives me bonkers that it opens a new window! hehe!

Stephanie said...

Kris, Thanks, I definitely will be showing them.

Chelle, yes we've figured it out. We found a flight for under 300 dollars so we got it all worked out, thanks anyways. I left it up to my brother and Mandii to figure out when they want me down there, so it's all up to them.

Michelle said...

I'm glad it all worked out and you were able to find a cheaper flight!

Stephanie said...

Michelle, Yes, thanksfully GOD has a way of making things work out.