Tuesday, August 28, 2007

This Coming Saturday [UPDATE]

I just happen to be excited about this coming Saturday! (and today but we'll talk about that later.)

Ever since we found out we were getting horses, we've been looking around for all the horse tack we need. Yesterday, I found an awesome offer on craigslist. This is what the ad said: (edit of course)

I have two brand new saddles, the black one is a kids saddle
and has never touched the back of a horse yet, I am asking $150. The 2nd is

an adult saddle that was custom made a beautiful tan color, It has never
seen a horse also. Please call 946-6461 if you have any questions.

When we set up an appointment with the owner last night we weren't sure of what we were getting, just because you never really know with online ads that don't have pictures. Boy, were we surprised!!!! The saddle is COMPLETELY brand new!!! I mean, I realized that she said that it was new, but I was guessing it was all old and cracked from sitting in a storage somewhere, but NOPE! It was completely fresh and new. This saddle would have originally cost anywhere between $1,500 and $2,000. Want to know what we got it for?!?

$300!!!

Yes, you read that right, $300. I will take a picture of it later and post it so you guys can see how good it looks.

Tonight we're supposed to go look at a saddle for me, although, it's not as nice. It has been used many times, to the point where it needs new threading on the horn. They want $150 for it so hopefully it looks somewhat nice.

We're trying to get our saddles and tack ready because we're going for our first ride this Saturday. We're so excited!! I can't wait to go out and take them for a ride. We'll let you know how it goes.

What are you up to this weekend?!

________________________________________________

Here's the picture of the saddle:



No comments: