Thursday, July 19, 2007

Here's A Question

Here's a good question for all of you, since you've all had kids. I want to get something for my sister in law.. her birthday is in September, but I'm going down in 2 weeks. Anyways, I wanted to get her something that she would like or need that didn't have anything to do with the baby. Well it could be something like a bath set or something like that but that's too common.

What is something you could have used that wasn't for the baby?

PS: BN (baby nephew) will be 2 months when I get down there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the best gift I ever got was a certificate for a massage and babysitting services! Woo Hoo!

Anonymous said...

oh geez ... I am so not sure. Bath products would be nice. But the gift of time is the nicest. Being able to go get a haircut or have an extra long shower (all things you can do since you will be there)

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, you could purchase a gift certificate for massage, pedicure, manicure etc and go with her to babysit while she enjoys it (but don't try to keep the kid at home because if she's anything like me she won't let him be more than a few minutes away from her - you could just walk him in his stroller around wherever she goes.)

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with chelle: T-I-M-E
A few years ago, after my first was born, a friend created a froze several meals for me. That way I didn't have the stress of preparing dinner for awhile.

Anonymous said...

Time is definitely a good one - I would have loved having someone take the baby for a few moments so I could get out, or come with so I could do things without worrying about baby, etc.